Like every year, this year also the list of best health insurance companies in India is being announced so that you can take the right insurance decision. Insurance companies to rate their performance, contingent claim proofand the benefits passed on to the consumers are seen. With the increasing incidence of life-threatening diseases and increasing medical expenses, good health insurance is very essential.
There are many options for you to get a health insurance policy for yourself. Not only this, many insurance companies offer good health insurance to their consumers. Still, choosing the right health plan and insurance company for yourself is not easy.
We have listed some of the best health insurance companies below. You can choose the best health insurance company for you by looking at their insured claim ratio, number of network hospitals and other features. Below is a list of some of the best health insurance companies in India. You can make your decision by comparing their coverage benefits and other features.
Best Health Insurance Companies in 2022
Let us read about some of the best health insurance companies in India.
|Company||Network hospital||Contingent claim proof|
|Aditya Birla Health Insurance||6000+||59%|
|Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance||6500+||85%|
|Bharti Axa Health Insurance||4500+||89%|
|Care Health Insurance||7400+||55%|
|Cholamandalam Health Insurance||7240+||35%|
|Digit Health Insurance||5900+||11%|
|Edelweiss Health Insurance||2578+||115%|
|Future Generali Health Insurance||5000+||73%|
|HDFC General Ergo Health Insurance||10,000+||62%|
|IFFCO Tokyo Health Insurance||5000+||102%|
|Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance||4800+||47%|
|Liberty Health Insurance||5000+||82%|
|Max Bupa Health Insurance||4500+||54%|
|Manpal Cigna Health Insurance||6500+||62%|
|National Health Insurance||6000+||107.64%|
|New India Assurance Health Insurance||3000+||103.74%|
|Oriental Insurance Company||4300+||108.80%|
|Raheja QBE Health Insurance||5000+||33%|
|Royal Sundaram Health Insurance||5000+||61%|
|Reliance Health Insurance||7300+||14%|
|Star Health Insurance||9900+||63%|
|SBI Health Insurance||6000+||52%|
|Tata AIG Health Insurance||3000+||78%|
|United India Health Insurance||7000+||110.95%|
|Universal Sompo Health Insurance||5000+||92%|
1. Aditya Birla Health Insurance
Aditya Birla Health Insurance is a company of Aditya Birla Capital Limited. It was launched to make general insurance services easier for its consumers. This company has names of insurance companies all over the world such as East South Asia, Middle East and South Asia. Below are the benefits and features of buying insurance from Aditya Birla Health Insurance:
- This insurance company provides cashless treatment in more than 5850 hospitals across the country.
- The insured gets access to more than 800 fitness centers, yoga, and gyms.
- The policy holder can avail discount at more than 2300 pharmacies in more than 250 cities.
- Inpatient AYUSH treatment cover is also available as per the plan.
- This insurance company also provides provision of fitness center, wellness center, hospital center and diagnostic center.
2. Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company offers a range of products for a single consumer. Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company was the first company to start offering TPA benefits as well as other benefits. Its Inked Claims Ratio for the financial year 2018-2019 was 85 percent. Given below are the features of Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance:
- One can choose from three health coverage options namely Health Guard, Silver Health and Star Package.
- The insurer provides healthcare facilities to individuals, families as well as senior citizens.
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance is designed keeping in mind the life-threatening diseases like stroke, tumour, cancer etc.
- With this, the holder can get cashless treatment in 6500 hospitals.
- This insurance company also offers Global Personal Guard Health Plan for international insurance.
- They are known for their cashless claims settlement in 60 minutes.
3. Bharti AXA Health Insurance
Started in August 2008, Bharti Enterprises has a 74 per cent stake and Aksa 26 per cent. Bharti Enterprises is a well-known business organization in India. While Bharti Aksa is an International Finance Management Company. Below are some of the benefits of buying Bharti AXA health insurance:
Bharti Aksa General Insurance has 59 corporate offices in India. In its very first year, the company got ISO 9001:2008 certification. It is one of the trusted and emerging companies. Bharat AXA Health Insurance is known for its services, its customer relationships and easy claim process. Below are some of the benefits of buying Bharti AXA health insurance:
- Most Bharat AXA health plans do not require co-payment.
- Many plans offer unlimited hospital room rent.
- You can do cashless admission in more than 4500 hospitals across the country.
- You have the option to choose the plan and you can take a cover of up to 1 crore.
- Lifelong renewal is available in all Bharti AXA health insurance policies.
- You can get tax benefit of up to 55,000 under section 80D.
4. Care Health Insurance (popularly known as Religor Health Insurance)
CARE Health Insurance Limited (earlier known as Railgear Health Insurance Company Limited) has grown tremendously in a short span of time and has made a name for itself in the insurance market. Its Inked Claims Ratio for the financial year 2018-2019 is 93 percent. It is constantly recommended and appreciated by Fortis Hospital. Below are some of the features of Care Health Insurance (popularly known as Religor Health Insurance):
- It has an option for everyone like: Individual plan, Family floater, Plan for diabetes, Plan for blood pressure, Plan for senior citizens and other top up plans.
- The insurer provides approval of a cashless claim within 2 hours in most cases.
- Most of the plans provide annual health check-up facility to the insured members.
- Care Health Care Heart plan is also available for chronic diseases and annual heart check up.
5. Cholamandalam Health Insurance
Cholamandalam GI Co was started in 2001. The three T’s slogan of Ltd.Med is “Trust, Technology and Transparency” (Trust, Technology and Transparency). This company has grown its business in a very short time and now it has 109 branches across the country. In 2011, the company also won the Financial Insights Innovation Award at the Asian Insurance Congress for its innovative work. Cholamandalam health insurance offers great coverage and features at an affordable price. This company provides great coverage for the consumer. Cholamandalam medical insurance plan is a right choice due to the reasons given below:
- Cholamandal Health Insurance Company has 136 branches across the country.
- Many plans offer both critical illness and accident cover.
- This keeps you and your loved ones renewal safe for life from the financial hassles caused by a medical accident.
- Most of the plans offer cover for 30 days before hospitalization and 60 days after.
- Many plans also offer annual check sub facility.
- This insurance company offers the most comprehensive health plans, individual health plans, top sub plans and critical illness insurance plans.
6. Digit Health Insurance
The CEO of Digit General Insurance Handover is Kamesh Goyal. He had done more than 10 lakh policies last year itself. This insurance company was awarded the Asian General Insurance Company of the Year 2019 Award. Let us see why it is a right decision to take from this company:
- It has a minimum sum insured of 2 lakhs and maximum 25 lakhs.
- The holder can avail cashless treatment from around 5900 hospitals across the country.
- Digit health insurance plans are online and can be done without any paperwork.
- There is no limit on hospital room rental.
7. Edelweiss Health Insurance
Edelweiss General Insurance is one of the trusted and renowned insurance companies in India and has a legacy of the Edelweiss Group. This company has received many awards like SAP Process Innovation Awards. Below are the details of the benefits of taking insurance from Edelweiss Company and other benefits available to the holder:
- Edelweiss plan is designed for inpatient, pre and post hospitalization expenses, critical illness, accident, illness etc.
- The insurance company provides facilities like guaranteed bed and zero deposit to the holders.
- There is zero discharge time in many hospitals in 14 medical works like maternity, gall bladder removal, cataract etc.
8. Future Generali Health Insurance
Future Generali Toll Insurance Solutions is an agreement between Future Group of Industries and Generali Group. Future Generali Health Insurance is tailored to suit the needs of different medical insurers. Below are some of the benefits of buying Future Generali Health Insurance:
- Future Generali Health Insurance Policy offers Personal Accident Plan, Critical Illness Policy, Hospital Chas, Arogya Sanjeevani Policy, Mosquito Insurance, Mediclaim Insurance, Aap Up Palna, Senior Citizen Plan etc. for different customers.
- This insurance company provides cash free treatment in 5100 hospitals across the country.
- Most health plans come with a lifetime renewal.
- To facilitate the policy holders, this cashless hospitalization is done in just 90 minutes.
- The policy holder gets to know about his policy on the Future Generali mobile app.
9. IFFCO Tokyo Health Insurance
IFFCO Tokyo General Insurance started operations in India on 4 December 2000, with the coming together of Indian Farmers Fertilizer Co-operative (IFFCO), Squeeze Fire Group and a Japanese handover, Tokyo Marine.
To showcase its best performance, this company has an Insured Claims Ratio of 102 percent. Insured Claims Ratio is the ratio of the premium collected by the company to the claims settled in a year. Below are the reasons why you should buy health insurance from IFFCO Tokyo Health Insurance:
- In IFFCO Tokyo plan, you can cover your family in case of illness, illness, hospitalization for injury and need of surgery, transplant etc.
- IFFCO Tokyo Health Insurance Plan covers the expenses incurred on Chemotherapy, Pacemaker, Organ Transplant, Radiotherapy, Dialysis, Surgical Instruments, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre, Medicine etc.
- This plan is also for the people of the village.
- This company has the right information to settle the claim of its consumer easily and quickly.
- You can also cover critical illness by paying some additional premium on the old healthy policy.
10. Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
Kotak Mahindra GI is a company of Kotak Mahindra Bank that deals in Health Insurance and other General Insurance Sectors. This company has more than 13 branches across the country. Consumers can avail the following benefits and features from a number of discontinued plans:
- Kotak Swasthya plan can be covered for everything from emergency hospitalization to life-threatening diseases like tumor, liver disease, coma etc.
- This plan covers heart attack, organ transplant and personal accident.
- Kotak Secure Shield Plan also provides loss of job benefits including child education benefits to the insured members.
- Some of the special benefits of this plan are as follows: Air Ambulance Cover, Home Nursing, Visit, Maternity Cover, New Born Baby Cover etc. Other benefits.
11. Liberty Health Insurance
The company started its operations in India in 2013. This is an agreement between Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, DP Jindal Group, Liberty City State Holding Pte Ltd and Inam Securities. This insurance company is present in 23 states of India. Some of the advantages and disadvantages of taking Liberty health insurance are mentioned below:
- This insurance company offers unique loyalty park benefits and increases the sum insured by 10% to 100% in every claim free year.
- The policy holder gets a free lock period of 15 days to terminate the policy.
- These health plans are designed for comprehensive cover and high sum insured.
- Some of its unique features are: First Medical Opinion, Liver Health Talk, etc.
12. Max Bupa Health Insurance
The Insured Claims Ratio of Max Bupa Insurance Company for 2018-2019 was 52 per cent. This company provides health insurance to people of all ages. Below are some of the coverage benefits of Star Health Insurance Company:
- Max Bupa plans are tailored for individual and family needs.
- Some plans provide cover for 9 critical diseases in 90 countries.
- This company fulfills the cashless claim in 30 minutes.
- Max Bupa Kriricare health insurance plan also has an option to cover life-threatening diseases.
13. ManipalCigna Health Insurance
Manipal Cigna Health Insurance Company is a newcomer to the insurance market in India, it was started in 2014 and has an Insured Claims Ratio of 62 per cent in 2018-2019. Given below are some highlights of ManipalCigna Health Insurance:
- You can choose any healthy plan from Top Plan, Kavikat Illness Plan, Accident Care, Lifestyle Plan etc.
- Mostly all the plans can be abolished as per the requirement of the consumer.
- The insurer also offers one of the most comprehensive critical illness plans covering around 30 major illnesses.
- Almost all the plans promise 100% refund of the sum insured.
- Also, the holder can easily view his insurance claim online.
14. National Health Insurance
It is a national health entity that has been providing its facilities and health insurance coverage to its consumers for almost 100 years. Its Insured Claims Ratio for 2018-2019 was 107.64 per cent. Below are some of the benefits of taking National Health Insurance:
- National Insurance Company has a provision of cashless treatment in 6000 hospitals across the country.
- Most of the plans offer cover for 30 days before hospitalization and 60 days after.
- Many health plans offer a free health check sub benefit of 1% of the sum insured on completion of 4 claim free years.
- This company offers family mediclaim policies in which 6 members can go to the same plan, such comprehensive family health plans.
National General Insurance Company is a senior mediclaim that covers senior citizens.
15. New India Assurance Health Insurance
The New India Assurance Company is a government company operating since 1919. It is known for its mediclaim policy. It offers the benefit of health insurance policies for different metros. The Insured Claims Ratio for Saka 2018-2019 was 103.74 percent. Some of the features of New India Assurance Company:
- New India Assurance Company offers comprehensive health insurance plans for self, spouse and two dependent children for the entire family.
- In the New India Cancer Guard policy, the insurance company provides cancer coverage.
- The company offers New India Mediclaim Policy for global coverage.
16. Oriental Health Insurance
Oriental General Insurance is also a government insurance company which provides all the products outside. In this, no medical test is required till the age of 60 years, whereas in all other policies, medical test is mandatory above 45 years. Below are some of the benefits of the Oriental Health Plan:
- Its Insured Claims Ratio for 2018-2019 was 80 per cent.
- Oriental Wellness Insurance Company also offers family floater and individual health plans.
- Most of the policies can be terminated at the discretion of the consumer.
- This company has provision of cashless treatment with about 4300 hospitals across the country.
17. Reliance Health Insurance
Reliance Health Insurance is a well known insurance company in India. It has 139 offices across India and provides easy access to its customers. It is also present outside India. Its consumers are individuals, corporates and individuals. With online buying it has become even easier.
- You can pay premium to this insurance company online through credit, debit card, net banking, paytm.
- Reliance Health Insurance provides a provision to start again on exhaustion of the sum insured.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered after a waiting period of 4 years.
- Health check up expenses are refunded after 4 claim free years in all plans.
18. Raheja QBE Health Insurance
The union of Janjan Raheja and QBE is the second largest insurance company in Australia and this is how Raheja QBE was started. This company was started to provide easy insurance services to its consumers and partners. Which features of the health insurance plan offered by Raheja QBE are given below:
- This insurance company offers plans like basic health plans, comprehensive health plans, a-la-karte plans, add ons, super saver medical plans, etc.
- If you get treated in a network hospital, you get 10 percent summer short.
- Domiciliary hospitalization and no claim bonus are given in all the plans offered by Raheja QBE.
- The sum insured in all the plans ranges from 1,00,000 to 50,00,000.
19. Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
Formerly known as Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Co Ltd, Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co Ltd has received many awards for its excellent claim settlement services. The company also offers new features and solutions along with the expanded plan.
- The Royal Sundaram health insurance plan is designed to cover not only the hospitalization expenses but also 11 critical diseases across the globe.
- Royal Sundaram Lifeline also provides Second Opinion for 11 critical illnesses in the Supreme Plan.
- Here the policy holder also gets a no claim bonus of 10-50 percent of the sum insured. Even after claiming in one year, it does not get reduced.
- Sum Assured and no claim waiver is available if the coverage is over during the treatment.
- Domiciliary hospitalization and maternity cover is also available in many plans.
20. Star Health Insurance
Star Health and Allied Insurance Company offers comprehensive health plans for you and your family. Its Insured Claims Ratio for 2018-2019 was 63 per cent. Some of the coverage benefits of Star Health Insurance plan are given below:
- The company has an in-house claim settlement process to deal with cashless hospitalizations.
- With this, Star Health & Allied Insurance Company comes up with products that have coverage for diabetic and HIV positive patients.
- Star Health Insurance has 9800 hospitals where you can get cashless treatment.
- The best part is that most star health plans come with a lifetime renewal option
- This insurance company also offers a abolished top up plan as per the requirements of the holder.
21. SBI Health Insurance
SBI Health Insurance Co Ltd. is an agreement between State Bank of India (SBI) and Insurance Australia Group. In this SBI holds 74 per cent and Insurance Australia Group holds 26 per cent. It has 14,000 branches all over the world. It had an Insured Claims Ratio of 52 per cent for 2018-2019 and had given a 198876 policy. Below are some of the salient features of SBI Health Insurance:
- You can choose the sum insured from 50,000 to 5 lakhs.
- People with clean medical records do not have to undergo any medical tests until the age of 45.
- Most of the plans also take care of pre-hospitalisation, post-hospitalisation and nursing expenses.
- Also, SBI Swasthya Bima plan can be renewed online.
22. Tata AIG Health Insurance
The Tata AIG GI company works with Americana International and the Tata Group. It started its work in 2001. Since then, this company has made a name for itself in the insurance market. Tata AIG has associations with around 4000 hospitals across the country and offers cashless treatment. Tata AIG health plan benefits given below:
- This insurance company offers mitigation plans for individuals, families, senior citizens, marketable illnesses, medical emergencies, etc.
- Tata AIG Ajjewan gives renewal and if the claim is not made then the new premium is fixed according to the age without loading.
- In Tata AIG, if any treatment is taken at home, then it also pays for it.
- It also covers the treatment of Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani etc.
23. United India Health Insurance
United India Insurance Co Ltd is a merger of 22 companies headquartered in Chennai. It is the famous general insurance company of India. It offers affordable and cost-effective plans to its customers. Simultaneously, United India has received ICRA recognition for its solvency ratio and claim responsiveness. The benefits that your health plan offers are given below:
- United India Health Insurance has tie-up with around 4000 hospitals across the country and offers cashless treatment.
- After three claim free years, the policyholder can get a free medical check up.
- This insurance company also gives a discount of 5 percent for self, for your spouse, for your dependent children on taking the same plan.
- The company gives a lookout period of 15 days to see, understand and terminate this policy and find out what is right for you.
- Tax benefits are also available on premium payment of individual and family plans.
24. Universal Sompo Health Insurance
Universal Sompo Health Insurance was started in 2007 with a Public Private Undertaking. This is an agreement between Dabur Investment Cooperation, Sompo Japan, Karnataka Bank Allahabad. Some of the features of Universal Sompo Health Insurance are given below:
- Here different plans are available for family, individual, group, student, NGO etc.
- This company is associated with about 5 000 hospitals across the country and provides cashless treatment.
- In all medical plans, the holder gets the benefit of renewal for life.
- Simultaneously, Universal Sompo Plan offers mediclaim for working abroad, village people and groups.
- As usual, the policy holder can avail tax benefits under Section 80D.
Hope you have got information about health insurance companies of the country from this article. You can choose any health plan from the plans offered by these companies. These companies are also famous for their family floater plans. Now compare different insurance plans and choose the best plan for you.
DO READ THIS TOO-
- 10 Legitimate Ways to Get Free Money Online in 2023
- USAA Pay Dates 2022 for Military | USAA Pay Dates
- U.S. Supreme Court increase state power over tribes in win for Oklahoma
- Houston Car Accident Attorney 2022 | CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER HOUSTON, TEXAS
- What is Sole Proprietor Business Insurance | Sole Proprietor Business Insurance | insurance for sole proprietor
FAQ related to Best Health Insurance Companies in 2022
Does any insurance company in India cover the Insulin Expenses?
Many health insurance companies offer diabetes health plans. Companies like Star Health Diabetes Safe Plan, National Senior Mediclaim Plan, HDFC Health Insurance Plan (popularly known as Apollo Munich) etc. cover the cost of insulin. You can see more.
Can I get my policy transferred to another company?
Yes. You can get your policies transferred from one company to another without losing any profit. As per IRDA you have the right to get your health policy transferred from one company to another.
Does any health insurance company not provide dental cover?
Many health insurance companies provide dental cover. Companies like Bajaj Health Guard Insurance Plan, Cholamandalam Healthline Plan, Star Comprehensive Health Insurance etc. offer dental cover. You can see more.
Does any health insurance company provide cancer cover?
Many health insurance companies offer cancer cover such as Future Generali Cancer Protect Plan, Bajaj Allianz Critical Illness Insurance, Aditya Birla Active Secure Cancer Secure, Digit Cancer Swasthya Bima, Chola MS CriticalHealthline Plan, Edelweiss Platinum Plan, Raheja Cancer Insurance, Care Companies like Health Cancer Insurance Policy, Star Cancer Care Gold Insurance Plan etc. provide cancer cover in India.
You can also see more and get yourself insured.
Does any health insurance company cover the cost of kidney transplant and kidney failure?
Kidney transplant and kidney failure are serious diseases which will be covered by a critical illness health insurance policy. Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance covers the cost of kidney failure under Bajaj Allianz Critical Illness Policy. This is also covered by the National Vikat Illness Medical Insurance Plan, SBI Vikat Illness Plan, Tata AIG Health Insurance and Universal Sompo Vikata Illness Policy.